Camp Pontiac is located in Copake, New York in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains (2 hours driving time from NYC) and is situated on 150 picturesque acres with a beautiful 65 acre spring-fed lake.
Pontiac accommodates boys and girls from ages 6 to 17 in a traditional sleepaway camp setting. Our campers hail from many states throughout the country.
- TraditionShare in the customs and activities that bind us as a family year after year, generation after generation.
- InclusionJoin in the sense of belonging to a family and becoming an integral and valuable part of something larger than oneself.
- Respect Develop the ability to listen, take notice and recognize that the opinions and beliefs of others are just as valuable and important as your own.
- Sportsmanship Cultivate the ability to be a humble and gracious winner and accept defeat without placing blame or making excuses. It centers around putting forth your best effort, cheering for your teammates and accepting their shortcomings while playing fairly and respecting your opponents.
- SpiritFeel a part of the energy, excitement and enthusiasm through activities, cheering and teamwork to unite all of us into one family.
- FriendshipFoster and cherish the bonds at camp that begin as a young child and continue to strengthen throughout your life. Camp is a special place where you can choose your own friends and no matter where you go remain a constant forever.
- KindnessPerform acts of generosity, compassion and good will and derive satisfaction in the knowledge that giving is more beautiful and rewarding than receiving.
Why We Live For Red & White
Nestled under warm blue skies among tall trees is a place filled with long happy days, smiles and laughter. In this place you grow more in one day than you would in a month in the real world. At summer's end you look back and can't understand where the time went. Whether you are 7, 17, or 37 you are saddened because you do not want these days to end. But we are heartened by the knowledge that the memories we make and the bonds we create at Pontiac will continue throughout the year, only to be strengthened once again when we return next summer.